October 14, 2017

Weekend with Music: Start a Fire (La La Land)

Engramme's Weekend with Music #15: La La Land's "Start a Fire" (John Legend) (Listening A2-B1)


Welcome to the 15th installment of Weekend with Music on Engramme: Your Daily English Programme where we'll be listening to part of a song by John Legend from the 2016 movie "La La Land". So sit back, relax, and enjoy the song/lesson.

Watch, Listen & Enjoy

La La Land is the story of Mia, a café waitress who wants to become a Hollywood actress, and Sebastian, a bar pianist who wants to become a famous jazz musician. In their search for a career, Mia & Sebastian meet and fall in love but as they gain more success in their careers, their love life begins to fall apart...

Watch The Video: Do you like the music & choreography in this extract from the movie?


Let's Learn

Here Are the Song Lyrics: Put the lyrics in order by putting a number next to the phrase/sentence you hear:
(mouse over the colored words to see more info about them)

I don’t know if this is wrong or if it’s right

And I just know I’ll feel so good tonight

I don’t know why I keep moving my body

I don’t know if there’s a beat, or something’s taking over me

I don’t know what you came to do, but I wanna do it with you

And I just know I’ll feel so good tonight

I don’t know what your name is but I like it

Come on, let it burn baby

We could start a fire

Oh I, I just know I feel so good

We could start a fire

Don’t you know...[I feel so good] Tonight!
(Click here to listen to the full song & to check your answers)

Wish You A Great Weekend! If you missed any of this week's lessons (Week#15), click here to access them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment