September 30, 2017

Weekend with Music: Perfect (Ed Sheeran)

Engramme's Weekend with Music #13 (New Series): Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" (Listening A2-B1)


Welcome back to another Saturday: Song Day on Engramme, where we introduce you to a new or classic English song every weekend. This weekend, we are going to take a listen to Ed Sheeran's new pop single: "Perfect". Stay tuned!

Watch, Listen & Enjoy

Ed Sheeran is the pop star of the 2010s: He is a young singer/songwriter who uses various styles of music - from pop and hip-hop to folk, rock, dance, and soul - to create a sound that is unique to him. His big hits, including "The A Team", "Sing", "Thinking Out Loud", and "Shape of You" have appeared at the top of music charts worldwide.

Listen to the Song (Do NOT Watch the Video Yet!): How much of the song do you understand without looking at the lyrics? What is the theme of the song?


Let's Learn

Listen Again: There are 18 spelling-pronunciation mistakes in the 'song lyrics' below. Can you find and correct them?
(hold Ctrl+ on your computer keyboard to enlarge)
I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my read
Well I found a girl beautiful and suite
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we felt in love

Not knowing what it was
I will not give you off this time
Darling, just kiss me slow, your hurt is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Bearfoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my bread
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

Well I found a woman, stranger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her comb
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry life, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting again all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just fold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my feature in your eyes

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Bearfoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that bless, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Bearfoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have fate in what I see
Now I know I have met an angle in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

(Now watch the video to compare;)

Have a Colorful Weekend! If you missed any of our new series' posts this week, click here to see them all. Like or share this content (buttons below) or enter your email (top right of the blog) and receive each new lesson right in your inbox (no spam).

Here's a sheet containing the song lyrics (with mistakes) For Teachers to use in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment