August 26, 2017

Weekend with Music (The Classics): What a Wonderful World

Engramme's Weekend with Music #9 (The Classics #1) - What a Wonderful World (Listening A1-A2)


So Saturday is here again, and this weekend we would like to give you the chance to listen to perhaps the sweetest and most peaceful of classic English songs: "What a Wonderful World".

Song Lyrics

"What a Wonderful World" is a song written by Bob Thiele and George David Weiss and first performed by Louis Armstrong back in 1967. Due to the song's beauty and simplicity, many more singers decided to sing the song, including more recently, Rod Stewart whose live performance we are presenting to you in this post.

Below are the 'song lyrics': Can you guess what the missing words could be? (Don't worry: they are some of the simplest English words that you've heard many times ;)

I see ______ of green, red ______ too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself: what a wonderful world.

I see ______ of blue and ______ of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred _______
And I think to myself: what a wonderful world.

The colors of the ________, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the ______ of people passing by
I see friends ________ hands saying 'how do you do'
But they're really saying 'I love you'.

I hear _______ crying, and I watched them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever ______
And I think to myself: what a wonderful world.
Yes, I think to myself: what a wonderful world


Watch, Listen & Enjoy

Watch this thrilling live performance by Rod Stewart: How many of your guesses above were right?!


Over to You

Some of you may be interested in hearing the original song by Louis Armstrong himself? Well, look no further than this lyrics video with the original singer's recording:




We wish everyone here a Wonderful Weekend! And we hope you enjoyed this lesson. For more lessons like this, please click here

Did You Notice? If you move your mouse over the underlined words in the post, you can see their meanings and more ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment